Please use the menu on the left to navigate through this resource
Mao Tse Tung
Aims and Learning Outcomes
- To explain why China developed into a communist state and the role played by Mao in that process.
- To evaluate Maos role as a leading figure in China, and the extent to which his work benefited or damaged China.
These notes should help students to improve and develop their knowledge and understanding of such issues as:
- Conditions in China before the Communist Revolution.
- Why support for communism and Mao remained at a high level throughout the post-1949 period.
- How power struggles within the Communist Party affected ordinary people in China.