Please use the menu on the left to navigate through this resource
Aims & Learning Outcomes
Pupils should gain an understanding of:
- The role of the skeleton, joints and muscles in movement;
- The principle of antagonistic muscle pairs e.g. biceps and triceps.
- The body as a machine designed to move in various ways;
- The bones in our skeleton provide support for our body and are designed to be strong but light;
- The muscles in our body must work in pairs because they can only pull, and not push;
- The size of the forces that our muscles generate can be measured.