Please use the menu on the left to navigate through this resource
Aims & Learning Outcomes
Pupils should gain an understanding of:
- The hazards involved in working with a range of familiar living things, materials and devices.
- How to use appropriate sources of information to assess risks, both immediate and cumulative.
- How to apply their knowledge and take action to control the risks to themselves and to others.
- How to be safe by looking for hazards and evaluating the risk of an accident.
- How to reduce the risk of an accident by careful planning.
- How to use chemicals safely all containers of hazardous chemicals carry information about the hazards and what to do if there is an accident.
- Use of protective clothing, as a way of making some jobs less dangerous.
- How to assess and reduce risks in science lessons.