Please use the menu on the left to navigate through this resource
Students should gain an understanding of:
- The process of experimentation with brushes and a range of other tools.
- The use of different consistencies of paint to achieve different effects.
- How to collect visual information using photographs and sketches in preparation for a painting.
- The concept of composition covering the whole canvas first and gradually building up the surface by adding more detail.
- Special vocabulary to describe and respond critically to their own and others' work.
- The need for reworking and development of an idea to achieve a successful piece of artwork.