Please use the menu on the left to navigate through this resource
The Pop Song
- To look at a method for song writing.
- To look at the range of 'ingredients' necessary for a successful pop song.
- To follow the development of a song from concept to performance.
- To combine the work of school students with the expertise of professional musicians to develop and refine skills.
- To set the work in a realistic context.
- To encourage students to evaluate and discuss their own work and the work of others using appropriate musical vocabulary.