Please use the menu on the left to navigate through this resource
- Darren introduces himself and the series with the children who will be involved in the activities during the four programmes.
- After a warm-up to increase blood flow and muscle efficiency, the group collects equipment good to see they are so keen, but you should encourage your groups to walk to avoid accidents.
- Batting begins with the grip and stance, including keeping eyes level.
- Front foot attacking shots (drives) are developed, starting with the use of a tee, followed by a vertical feed and an underarm feed from in front.
- Darren recalls how he became passionate about the game through playing at school and moving on to a club. His former club captain describes aspects of Darrens early career.
- Bowling begins with a description of the grip and the phases of coiling and releasing the ball as the ball tracks through a figure 6.
- After Darren responds to questions from children, he moves on to catching technique, with a focus on fielding close to the wicket.
- He reviews the ten ways in which batsmen are given out.
- The children demonstrate their skills as they play in a game before cooling down.