Please use the menu on the left to navigate through this resource
- To know about and understand the causes of colonialism and to identify different type of causes and the relationships between them.
- To use films, newsreels, posters and literature critically and in their historical context.
- To use films, newsreels, posters and literature to identify and analyse representations and interpretations of empire.
- To describe, explain and analyse attitudes towards the colonisers and the colonised during the 19th and 20th centuries.
- To know about and understand the range of contributions made by the colonies and dominions to the British war effort during the Second World War.
- To know about and understand the relationship between slavery, imperial attitudes and racist attitudes, including contemporary racism.
- To understand the range of long and short term consequences of imperialism both within Britain and the Commonwealth.