Every child matters
In September 2003, the Government published the Green Paper Every Child Matters, which called for radical improvement in opportunities and outcomes for children, to be driven by whole-system change in the delivery of children's services. In particular, it called for;
- Improved outcomes for children and young people, to ensure that all children are healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve make a positive contribution and achieve economic well-being.
- A focus on opportunities for all and narrowing gaps.
- Support for parents, carers and families.
- A shift to prevention, early identification and intervention.
- Integrated and personalised services.