Next 10 questions
Questions 1 - 10
Click on a question to see a full answer
1. Why is it dangerous to burn methane in a limited amount of oxygen? Thank you.
2. What is electrolysis, how does it work and what uses can be made from it? Chris, age 14.
3. Why do car engines produce soot and carbon monoxide?
4. What is produced by a Bunsen flame?
5. I know that paraffin is C11H24 but what forms when it burns and how much energy does it release?
6. Can you help me with the names and properties of carbon based fuels?
7. Can you explain what happened when a candle burns, using the idea that there are oxygen molecules in the air and wax molecules in the candle?
8. Can you explain what happens to the molecules in the gas from the engine during the catalytic conversion?
9. What is the gas that is given off when you burn wood ?
10. Why do scientists link burning fuels to global warming?