Next 10 questions
Questions 1 - 10
Click on a question to see a full answer
1. When Hydrogen reacts with chlorine the reaction is overall exothermic. Explain why.
2. What is Fluoride
3. Sugar dissolves in water to form sugar solution. What happens to the particles? Also, why doesn't marble chips dissolve in water?
4. When you dissolve something, why does heat speed up the process? Also why is it easier to, say, dissolve a jelly cube in quarters rather than one whole cube? Why does stirring help in dissolving?
5. What is the role of sulphur, carbon and potassium chlorate in the head of a match?
6. How does carbon dioxide turn limeater cloudy I have to explain what happens to the particles too, how can I explain this
7. Why is it dangerous to burn methane in a limited amount of oxygen? Thank you.
8. Can you tell me what happens to water when it freezes to make it expand?
9. How do you find out whether a substance is a solid, liquid or gas from its melting and boiling points?
10. Can you help me with neutralisation equations as I dont understand them at all?