Next 10 questions
Questions 1 - 10
Click on a question to see a full answer
1. Is alpha or gamma more dangerous and why? Sarah, age 15.
2. What is used to measure radioactivity?
3. What is the difference between the atoms of an isotope that is radioactive one that is not?
4. Why are gamma rays used to kill cancer cells?
5. I need to find out about the radioactive decay of Carbon-6, Protractinium-91, Uranium-92, Radon-86, Thorium-90 and Radium-88?
6. Could you just quickly outline the subject of radioactivity?
7. How do you work out half life and what is the best way to remember it?
8. Why is alpha radiation is used in smoke alarms?
9. Why is alpha radiation is used in smoke alarms?
10. What illness do gamma waves cause ?